Friday, June 15, 2012

{You Inspire Me}

PDCJune15-3


  Oh boy what a week! This week has touched every spectrum of emotion and thankfully is currently on the happy side.  I received very happy (and surprising) mail from Paige at Create: Cards magazine and I have 8 cards being picked up! 7 of my cards will  be in the special Christmas issue, and 1 card will be in the Nov/Dec issue! I am thrilled. Thank you for letting me share!

    Before I get to the winner of my blog candy let me tell you a little about the card I am posting today. It was love at first site when I saw this set from Lawn Fawn "Flutter By". I love butterflies and flower stamps! So when I received my package yesterday I couldn't wait to use this set! Right away I knew I wanted to use the current Play Date Cafe  challenge:


Oh so beautiful! To create my card I used Blackberry, and Currant Pigment ink by A Muse Studio, and a pretty little pigment ink pad by Studio G. To create my flowers I stamped them in Staz On ink, and used a SU Blender pen and the ink from my pigment ink pads to add color. I LOVE the deep, rich color you achieve when coloring with pigment ink pads! I hand stitched my burlap layer using blackberry DMC floss, and stamped the sentiment using Onyx Black Versafine. I LOVE the way my card turned out, such bold, vibrant color. The PDC picks such beautiful colors and it is always a pleasure using them!

   Now for the winner of my set of six Fresh Ink Pigments! First let me say thank you to everyone that left a comment, I appreciate them all! 


True Random Number Generator


Min: 1
Max: 18
Result:
14
Powered by RANDOM.ORG


Indy said..
What a fun, fun card!!! Thanks for the giveaway! I'm a very happy follower!

Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:31:00 PM CDT   


   Indy, please email me at    alwaysctr @ yahoo.com with your  mailing address!!

            Thank you everyone and I hope you have a great weekend!!



                               

7 comments:

Patrice said...

Nice use of the colors - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-24.html

Andrea W said...

Love, love, love your card! It looks like I need to buy the SU blender pen, I love the results.

Laurie said...

Hey girl! This is SO pretty! I love the colors!

PapierGirl said...

Darling card - I love the burlap and congratulations on your future publications! :)

sparkles said...

congratulations on your upcoming publications. I have had magazines publish my cards in the past and it gives you such a buzz to think they are good enough to share.
Love this card very much
Barbaa

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Veronica! LOVE that bit of burlap, and your images are just so sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

And a HUGE congrats on your publications! So deserving!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOVE the stitching on the burlap! FUN texture! BEAUTIFUL card:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC.